As you may have noticed from reading our pages and posts, many of the props in our collection have proper names. To help you keep the names straight, here’s a listing of our Cast & Crew:
- Audrey the air-blown black cat was named after a family cat who passed away several years ago. The original Audrey was named after a Twin Peaks character.
- Bob the cauldron creep is named after the movement of his head, bobbing up and down.
- Carry the coffin skeleton received his name after we attached handles to his coffin to carry him around.
- Edgar the animated tombstone raven was named after the author of The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe.
- George the flying crank ghost got his name from a line in an old Looney Tunes cartoon, “I will name him George, and I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him…”
- Moe, Larry, & Curly are named after the Three Stooges, for no particular reason other than there are three of them.
- Wally the full-size skeleton was named after the store where he was purchased, Walgreens.
And, when the Halloween props come down, the Thanksgiving decorations go up:
- Frank the air-blown turkey, who goes up on the roof on the 1st of November, is named after Benjamin Franklin. It is reported that Mr. Franklin thought the turkey should be the national bird of the United States instead of the eagle. Frank’s name was actually selected by the members of Webkinz Insider as part of a contest in 2010.